Use-Case: Find Related Citations
Author: Phil Bentley
Date: 29 April 2008
Associated Work Packages: WP4, WP5, WP6
Purpose: To enable end-users to find out which scientific papers refer to the current dataset, or else the climate model that was used to generate the dataset.
Actors: All actors
This straightforward use-case describes the scenario whereby an end-user wishes to find out which scientific papers refer to the current dataset, or else the climate model that was used to generate the dataset.
Typical Course of Events
- Having selected a CIM record of interest, the end-user selects one of the following options from the CIM system web interface:
- Show citations for scientific papers which describe the current dataset.
- Show citations for scientific papers which describe the climate model used to generate the current dataset.
- [Would it make sense to include a third option combining i and ii above? Might be a long list!]
- The CIM system searches the metadata records in the CIM repository for scientific citations relating to the chosen dataset or model.
- The web interface displays the list of citations, or a suitable informational message if none exist.
Alternative Course of Events
The end-user must have previously selected the CIM record of interest.