wiki:WP1/TelcoMinutes/Telco150_05July2012

Telco 150 5th July 2012

Attending: Charlotte, Sylvia, Eric, Martina, Gerry
Apologies: Hans, Mark M
Next telco: TBD (Aug-Sep)

Actions

  • Sylvia doodle for next telco last week of August and first two weeks of September
  • Gerry to send urls of CMIP5 questionnaire html tables to the Metafor list
  • Sylvia to create a mock-up view of an ES-Doc Portal Cover Page
  • Sylvia to report PI telco to the Metafor list

Previous Actions

  • Sebastien - email the Ensembles modelling group to let them know the data is being put into the Ensembles questionnaire -ongoing
  • Charlotte engage with Sophie and Marie-Pierre about re-structuring the CV paper - ongoing
  • Charlotte is top of atmosphere insolation in the questionnaire? - ongoing

Completed actions

  • Sylvia doodle for next telco for week end of July and two weeks after - done
  • Charlotte and Sylvia talk about how to run and minute metafor meetings - done
  • Mark M Put documentation about using word press for spashpages on the ES-Doc website - done
  • Gerry scope how much time it will take to allow batch resubmition of simulations when a model is updated. - done
  • ES-Doc PIs to review Mark M's ES-Doc splash page proposal inculding URLs - done
  • Charlotte set up telco with Sylvia, Allyn and Gerry to discus using the new CIM editor for the Bristol Paleoclimate group - done

Questionnaire news (Charlotte, Gerry)

  • Redeployed questionnarie with new questions and people have begun to fill it in.
    • Generally found to be easy to use
    • Answering queries off line.
    • We will need to republish simulations that have had model updates
    • scope how much time it will take to allow batch resubmition of simulations when a model is updated
      • solid week of work required, to be prioritised amongst other tasks.
    • In the short term Gerry is creating a html table with the information collected by the new questions.
    • Access logs show that tables are being viewed fairly often
  • Gerry is also creating a table showing the references associated with each model (top level)
  • Fixing errors in RIP validation code.
  • Gerry to send urls of html tables to the Metafor list

ES-doc news (Mark M and Sylvia)

Paris Coding Sprint.

  • Resolved conceptual issues regarding linking ensembles and quailty control documents to simulations.
  • Extended API to support search for documents by dataset id.
  • Added scientific proerties to viewer renderings.
  • Added ingestion of CIM quailty control records from DKRZ.
  • Extended new viewer to support rendering from an xml file directly.
  • CIM Viewer will render and allow search for all RIP values of an ensemble (was just member #1)

PI Telco

  • ES-Doc setting up two governance bodies:
    • PI group
    • Prioritisation group
  • Sylvia to create a mock-up view of an ES-Doc Portal Cover Page
  • Sylvia to report PI telco to the Metafor list

Deployments

  • trying to deploy API and latest version of viewer but Mark is on holiday next week this may be delayed a week or so.
  • will be creating CIM Forms for the Bristol Paleoclimate team to capture post-processing information (PIMMS)

Congratulations

  • Allyn is on paternity leave

PIMMS (Charlotte)

IS-ENES 2 (Eric)

  • Negotiations around 20% cut
  • Metafor part will be protected as much as possible
  • Major meeting next week in Paris hopeful that there will be no significant cuts of Metafor related work.

Dissemination news (Eric)

  • What is status of the BAMS metafor revision?
  • GMD published
  • CV paper needs restructuring

Next Telco

  • Next telco will be sometime from late August to early September - Sylvia to doodle